- Looking for immediately available Assistant Accountants who want to work in FMCG
- 4-5 month contract with a leading consumer products brand
About Our Client
Client is a market leading consumer goods company.
- In consultation with Finance Manager, direct the general accounting functions and the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results.
- Learn and understand the company's Sales Data Warehouse application known as Phocas, ensuring periodical integrity checks.
- Assist with the preparation of the company's annual audited financial statements for the whole region and ensuring they are prepared on a timely basis.
- Assist with the preparation of the company's annual tax returns for the whole region and ensuring they are prepared on a timely basis.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports and schedules to meet both local and head office requirements.
- Assist with the analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information to optimise management decision making.
- Maintain bank reconciliations for all bank accounts daily.
- Perform monthly and quarterly GL reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly closing process, printing, scanning, and saving month end reports.
- Be proficient in preparing month end accruals for the region.
- Be proficient in processing standard and other journal entries.
- Assist in completing of the monthly group reporting package (MR Pack) accurately and on time, aiming for all packs completed by COB on the 1st Friday following month end.
- Assist in completing of the Annual Audit reporting packages (AR Packs) accurately and on time.
- Assist with the maintenance of the general ledgers.
Inventory & Costing
- Help with weekly production report and fortnightly stock report
- Assist with day to day stock adjustment
- Assist cost accountant for ad hoc costing issue
- Work with and abide by all company policies & procedures.
- Ensure work practices are following the relevant Workplace Safety legislation.
- To perform ad-hoc tasks and projects that will come up at various times.
- Perform any other ad hoc tasks, duties, or projects as may be required by the business from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary / Degree qualifications in accounting essential.
- Qualified or working towards CPA / CA.
- Good working knowledge of fully integrated Accounting / ERP systems such as SAP, Sage, Oracle, JDE
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent "Attention to Detail" to avoid mistakes and errors
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Sound analytical ability
- Excellent computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power point, Teams, ERP Systems, Data Warehouses)
- Ability to clearly document procedures and processes and convey this information to new employees
- 3 to 5 years' experience in a finance role
What's on Offer
- Immediate start available to work in a high performing finance team
- Competitive hourly rate
- Convenient western sydney location with parking on site