Exciting entry-level opportunity in Natural Resources
Great work-life balance
About Our Client
Our client is a mid-tier company specialising in Minerals based south of the river. They are well known for their excellent company culture, supporting their employees and offering new opportunities to those that prove themselves. Due to sustained growth they are seeking a stand out, experienced and well organised Assistant Accountant to join their Finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager this role will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Supporting the Finance team with month end process and the preparation of monthly financial statements;
- Posting journals and responsible for balance sheet reconciliations;
- Utilising financial data from clerical transactions to prepare financial reports;
- Supporting the transactional team with accounts receivable/payable, general ledger operations, reconciliations and cashbook maintenance;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders re: finance enquiries
- Assist with implementing, maintaining and improving internal financial controls; and
- Assisting with Budget preparation and forecasting; and
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be:
Ideally qualified in Commerce/Accounting and studying towards your CA or CPA. Candidates with prior experience in Mining and resource services will be preferred, and prior experience using SAP is also desirable. This is an excellent chance for a motivated Assistant Accountant to prove themselves in a large company and progress their career under a strong mentor.
What's on Offer
- $65k+ super
- 6 month contract with the possibility of going permanent
- Exceptional training Development
- Parking provided
- Potential for support in gaining CA/CPA qualifications