- Opportunity to work in a broad Assistant Accountant role for a market leader
- Ideal Western Sydney location
About Our Client
A global market leader in filtration, our client has products and solutions for many areas of life. They invest in research and innovation to provide the best products that help reduce CO2 emissions, reuse water and provide the maximum performance. They are passionate about being market leaders in their field and are consistently at the forefront of innovation in the sector. With a local turnover of circa $15M-$20M they are growing steadily and are seeking a motivated and driven Assistant Accountant to join them.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this is a very broad Assistant Accountant position where you will be responsible for monthly financial reporting including cash flow reporting. You will also be responsible for payroll processing (of 10 staff), accounts receivables and payables.
Other key responsibilities will include the following:
- Monthly bank reconciliation and cashflow reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly GST returns.
- Providing support to the Finance Manager and the Managing Director when required.
- Payroll processing and reporting in MYOB.
- Ensure all payroll details are correct and up to date.
- Supporting Shared Services Team to perform MIRO for booking of stock invoices.
- Working with local Logistics Team with regarding the preparation of invoices and payments.
- Liaising with clients and providing customer support.
- Managing debtor and credit payments and receipts.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience working in a very similar broad Assistant Accountant position working for either a manufacturing or a distributor of industrial products.
- Studying towards CA/CPA Qualification.
- Must be experienced with SAP (FICO Modules) and MS Software.
- Strong reconciliation and core accounting skills.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and the ability to prioritise work.
- Collaborates with team members in various departments to accomplish common goals.
- An organised and methodical approach to a task.
- Strong IT, MS Excel and reporting skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to build relationships.
What's on Offer
- Global company with a circa $15M-$20M turnover where you will work in a very broad accounting position.
- Strong mentorship from the Finance Manager.
- Competitive salary package.
- Immediate start available.