Assistant Director - Data Strategy EL1
Create & implement the data strategy for this small agency
About Our Client
Our client is a small agency focused on position the APS Workforce for the future, through driving continuous improvement across professional and people development. They are looking for a strategic thinker, who is passionate about Data to pave the way for the future Data strategy and implementation in this agency.
As an EL1 within Data Strategy & Governance your day-to-day will involve:
- Supporting the commission with the creation and implementation of a Data strategy,
- Within the first 6 months, a focus on reviewing the Whole of Government Data Sharing legislation draft, and determining the implications for the agency
- Procurement of service provider for the execution of two major APS-wide workforce surveys
- Ideally, this individual would come from a Policy/Strategic background rather than a 100% technical background
- Communicating the 'What, Why, How' and communicate this effectively with Senior Executives
- Previous experience with managing personal data, including its management for compliance under the Australian Privacy Principles, Five Safes, and data sharing would be highly regarded.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Assistant Director - Data Strategy will have;
- Previous exposure working in a Policy/Data/Governance area
- Previous examples, implementing and/or creating data strategy frameworks
- Ability to communicate with Senior Executives
- Well established written and communication skills
- Proven understanding and ability to run a Procurement process for service providers, or similar
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Great training and development
- Competitive salary package
- Great Canberra location
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact us via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skillset however would like to have a confidential discussion on your career please get in touch.