Assistant Director - Internal Audit
Long-term contract with a view to permenancy
Lucrative salary package and central location in the Melbourne CBD
About Our Client
A government organisation that is leading the way in their industry and rapidly growing, an exciting place to be working at right now.
The Assistant Director is accountable for planning, coordinating and delivering detailed, complex, technical or sensitive audit projects that impact on strategic or operational outcomes for the organisation. You will manage key stakeholder relationships, resolve issues and deliver quality outcomes. You may be required to produce high-level policy advice and engage in complex problem solving and issues management. You will demonstrate an extensive understanding of the requirements of the position, as well as the legislative, regulatory and compliance frameworks that underpin its activities. As well as:
- Providing advice to organisation staff and management on auditing matters.
- Effective use of auditing systems and processes.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders on auditing matters.
- Perform internal audits in compliance with The International Professional Practices Framework and internal methodologies.
- Assisting the Audit Directors to scope, conduct investigations and report findings.
- Communicate and negotiate audit findings with management.
- Increase organisation-wide awareness and education of auditing functions.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant should have a demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain productive working relationships with others and have a track record in working collaboratively with senior management officials.
They will have a strong strategic focus and experience in working across the broad range of internal auditing activities. They will need to be able to adapt quickly to a changing environment, responding to and prioritising competing and often urgent requests.
- Extensive experience in internal audits, preferably in government or financial services.
- Appropriate internal audit qualifications e.g. CIA or CISA.
- Australian Citizenship.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to work with a leading government organisation on a long-term contract with a view to permanency.
- Central location in the Melbourne CBD, with a lucrative salary package.