- Retail organisation based in Melbourne
- 2IC to the Finance Manager
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established and continually growing Fashion Retail organisation with a head office in Melbourne's inner suburbs. They are currently seeking an established Assistant Accountant seeking to take the next step in their career towards a Financial Accountant position.
As the Assistant Financial Accountant and 2IC to the Finance Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct monthly general ledger reconciliations and clear discrepancies items timely and accurately.
- Assist with month end and year end processes, including reviewing the P&L and Balance Sheet. Complete journals as necessary.
- Assist with taxation matters including BAS, payroll and superannuation lodgements
- Assist with financial analysis on operational expenses and revenue in various perspectives. Liaise with departmental managers if required.
- Assist with financial reporting in different spectrums.
- Review and identify business process improvements.
- Update Weekly Cash Flow Forecast
- Assist with Projects and Process Improvement
- Create new customer accounts and close off all accounts to enable an ongoing accurate record of current customers
- Process debtor payments, including entering transactions, completing credit card deductions and completing banking when required
- Follow up on any debtor payment errors or issues with internal staff, including unknown deposits
- Produce credit notes by liaising with sales representatives on required paperwork, entering credit notes and re-creating invoices to include credit notes
- Reconcile and update customer accounts in order to maintain an ongoing accurate record of debts
The Successful Applicant
You will be CA/CPA Qualified or nearing completion, with at least 3 years' experience in a professional Accounting environment. You will have exceptional communication skills and be an advanced user of MS Excel. Ideally, you will also have experience in a Retail organisation.
What's on Offer
- Growth position towards Financial Accountant
- Highly reputable Retail brand
- Generous staff discounts