Assistant Merchandise Planner
Are you an experienced Assistant Planner or Senior Allocator?
Do you have existing experience working for an online retailer?
About Our Client
My client is a prestigious Australian fashion brand, with a country-wide footprint and iconic image.
Due to continued growth and expansion, the business is looking to further grow it's Trading department, and in particular it's E-commerce team.
The business is looking to appoint an Assistant Merchandise Planner, reporting into the Head of Online directly, with opportunity to grow and development individually within that team, and the wider business.
The key responsibility of the Assistant Merchandise Planner is to maximize profitability by ensuring the right product is in the right place, at the right time, in the optimum quantity for the website to manage customer demand.
- Liaise with the stores team in the day-to-day management of stock levels across the business, to achieve sales targets and maximize return on inventory across the online store.
- Monitor and adjust product placement online to ensure it is the optimum position to sell through.
- Checking product pricing and product categorization is accurate.
- Managing stock out of the warehouse.
- Recommending promotions and markdowns accordingly to sell-thru rate and stock-accountability, taking into consideration the profit margin on all product.
- Producing accurate and efficient reports in accordance with deadlines, including sales analysis in preparation for weekly trade meetings and sign-offs.
- Assisting the Senior Planner and Head of Online with ad -hoc projects.
- Recommending order quantities for new styles and best sellers to the buying team.
- Management of the OTB, and WSSI.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in securing this role, you'll need to be able to demonstrate a commercial mind-set, a team-working, can-do attitude, strong interpersonal skills to manage relationships both internally and externally. You'll need to be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills, and be highly numerical, with Advanced-level knowledge of Excel, as well as the ability to pick-up internal IT/ERP systems quickly.
What's on Offer
On offer for the role of Assistant Merchandise Planner is a competitive basic salary and superannuation.
In addition, the successful candidate will benefit from a host of discounts and incentives, across the group and other local discounts, including reduced health care plans and gym membership .
Based in a central location, it is easily accessible from most of Sydney, and the offices are surrounded by lots of local amenities.