Assistant Warehouse Manager
Excellent Opportunity to work for a leading Global Sporting Brand
Competitive Salary and dynamic working environment
About Our Client
ASICS is the leader in technical sportswear development and pride themselves on developing the finest products for sports enthusiasts across all levels. They are searching for a dynamic Assistant Warehouse Manager to join their team.
As the Assistant Warehouse Manager, you will work closely with the Warehouse Manager looking after the end to end Warehouse Operations, from receiving through to dispatch. You will have a strong background in warehousing principles and practices.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Supervising and managing a large warehouse team for picking and packing according to pick slips/RF scanners (In excess of 30 people).
- Supporting the development and implementation of KPIs to improve efficiencies and increase customer satisfaction.
- Learning and working with the Warehouse Management System to enable best practice process and to facilitate the activities managed by the warehouse team.
- Liaising with the Warehouse manager and other warehouse staff (Leading hands and supervisors) to complete major warehouse tasks.
- Liaising with the Warehouse manager and senior management to assist in the development of strategic and operational plans.
- Ensuring the ongoing servicing of Materials Handling Equipment. Reviewing performance and data to improve profitability and increase service through labour management tools.
- Working closely with the inventory team to stock accuracy at pickface and reserve level.
- Contributing to the relocation of the National Distribution Centre from Eastern Creek to Marsden Park.
- Successfully managing available resources within budgetary targets.
- Fundamentally understanding of Work Health and safety guidelines and human resources
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated ability in warehouse operations and managing a team
- Outstanding time management and ability to work at a fast pace, be responsive to critical timelines and manage competing demands.
- Fosters an attitude of continually looking for ways to improve business operations.
- Proven ability and demonstrated versatility in all relevant responsibilities for the position.
- Deliver work of high standard and monitor quality of work.
- Understand and adhere to WHS procedures and play an active role in WHS.
- High level of interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative in dealing with problems and identifying solutions.
- Ability to prioritise own work and committed to ensuring deadlines are met.
- Transport and distribution knowledge would be highly advantageous
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to drive will be rewarded with:
- Attractive remuneration package consisting of base salary, superannuation and industry incentives
- Free on-site secure parking
- You'll be entitled to a wide range of benefits including but not limited to discounts within the brand
- Excellent career pathways and personal career growth
- Outstanding working conditions, long-term training and the chance to work with the very latest technology