Associate Director of Business Lending
Help to enhance economic outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
Drive best practice business lending in a newly created highly dynamic role
About Our Client
Indigenous Business Australia, partners and invests with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who want to own their future. We go further than provide money; we invest in people, places and ideas that are ready. We help make them real. We're deeply invested in the financial success and economic independence of Indigenous Australians. It's why we exist.
We provide a range of services for Indigenous Australians to create wealth and accumulate assets, take up investment opportunities, create business enterprises that provide additional employment, opportunities, and to purchase homes. We achieve these outcomes by applying a commercial focus, and by building mutually respectful and productive partnerships with Indigenous Australians, government, non-government and private sector organisations.
Our staff are invested, informed, responsive, respected and connected.
The Associate Director of Business Lending will work closely with the program leadership team responsible for Business Solutions lending activity including; credit and settlements, securities, portfolio and customer relationship management. The role has three direct reports responsible for Business Lending and Credit and indirectly manage a team of up to 30 FTE.
Success in the role will be achieved through best practice service delivery and operational excellence and specific responsibilities will include:
* Oversee the technical proficiency, staff accountability, performance and lending KPIs;
* Review and inform significant lending decisions;
* Ensure timely and effective delivery of all lending operations;
* Review the business loan portfolio of accounts structure;
* Review the business loan portfolio Risk profile;
* Develop pricing model for interest rates and fees for program finance products;
* Implementation and monitoring of a strong system of internal controls, using regulatory and best practice compliance;
* Leading a culture of exemplary customer service as demonstrated through accountability and timeliness of service delivery;
* A strong and proactive approach to continuous improvement and complaint management; and
* Other duties as required.
Reporting to the Director Business Solutions, the role would be suited to a banking/ finance professional with extensive business banking experience. A current understanding of community and commercial lending best practice is required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of Associate Director of Business Lending will:
Display Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural capability:
- Awareness and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture as well as the demonstrated ability to liaise, communicate and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Indigenous individuals and communities
- Awareness and understanding of Australian Indigenous issues particularly as they relate to small business.
Extensive business banking experience ideally gained through career progression in a major or second tier bank or equivalent (supported by appropriate professional qualifications);
Demonstrable success in operational excellence, internal controls and best practice service delivery;
A solid understand of technical banking compliance and regulatory systems;
Strong staff leadership capability including the ability to motivate others to deliver corporate targets;
An understanding of front-line lending and customer service obligations; and
Commitment to quality customer service and demonstrated ability to build beneficial working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and customers.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to growing the economic independence of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. This role is looking for someone who wants to make their mark and grow with the business. It is highly autonomous with flexible working locations.