Offering an attractive 6 month fixed term contract, with the chance of extension
Based in Port Melbourne
About Our Client
Bega Cheese is a truly Australian company, employing over 500 staff in the Bega Valley. Around 20% of overall production is exported to over 50 countries around the world. Bega is the leading supplier of cheese products into the Australian market.
Based in a convenient office location in Port Melbourne, this exciting opportunity is to join one of Australia's most well-known, and established brands. With a recently renewed focus on continually improving the businesses BI and Reporting capacity, the successful applicant for this role will help to define the future of the business, across many different internal disciplines.
Bega Cheese is committed to the long-term development of all its employees, and is truly a people-minded business. Through their performance management process, succession planning or talent development initiatives opportunities are identified for further development. This can be on an individual basis or for groups of people and can include leadership development programs, visits or exchanges with other organisations or participation in cross-functional projects, resulting in the broadening of capabilities beyond an employee's current role.
While this role is listed as a 6 month engagement, there is a possibility of extension and also to make this position permanent at some stage.
The role of the successful applicant will be largely, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Business Analyst - Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse and business users in the specification and design of business reporting solutions.
- Build reporting solutions using Infor BI to meet the needs of the business.
- Work with end users to test/validate/reconcile reporting output.
- Prepare documentation which outlines report technical aspects (design, reconciliations, maintenance, version changes) and operational aspects (purpose, limitations and considerations, procedure to run).
- Develop an understanding of the data warehouse that supports the BI application to ensure that data issues can be resolved
- Assist in the development of the overall BI solution using appropriate BI tools, including designing and building cubes and dimensions, although the key focus of the role will be reporting
- Design and document process flows to optimise information.
- Provide technical advice to the Manager - Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse in relation to the development of reporting systems
Maintenance and Administration of BI Systems
- Assist in daily health checks of the BI system
- Undertake User administration functions including creation and maintenance of user roles and security
Business Improvement Projects
- Participate in business improvement projects as required.
- Work with project team members to design solutions to meet business needs.
Support for Users of BI Tools
- Provide support to users of the BI solutions, responding to queries related to system functionality and data availability
- Identify system issues and assist with their resolution
- Carry out maintenance on the BI solutions as required
- Ensure adequate systems testing is undertaken before any changes are implemented
- Work with other IT team members to ensure system issues are resolved, a stable operating environment is provided and areas of responsibilities and procedures are established
- Manage security requirements for BI tools and Business and Finance reporting systems
- Undertake appropriate documentation of any new developments/projects
- Ensure that relevant users receive detailed communication of changes and participate in the sign off of developments
Support to Operations:
- Provide assistance to all business unit managers and reporting system users to ensure BI tools and reporting systems are fully understood and used effectively
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have most, if not all, of the below characteristics:
- Experience in design and report development using On Line Analytical Processing (OLAP) functionality
- Specific skills in use of BI reporting tools and SQL
- Ideally, but not essential, skills in the use of Infor BI application
- Experience in the use of data warehouse solutions
- Knowledge of ERP Systems, with experience in M3 being ideal, but not essential
- Excellent mathematical skills with very strong understanding of financial business operations
- Experience in using complex computer programs to mine data sources and look for trends
- Strong skills in data analysis and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised, working on large projects with many data streams and deadlines
What's on Offer
Offering an attractive 6 month fixed term contract, with the chance of extension at the conclusion of the contract. The successful applicant with be working with an existing BI team, and have countless opportunities to up-skill and grow over the course of your career with Bega.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch for any further questions or concerns.