Work for a coveted dairy/food ASX listed business.
*Be a catalyst for org-wide BI transformation.
About Our Client
Bega is a truly Australian company founded in 1899. It was listed on the ASX in 2011 and delivers annual revenue of almost $1.4 billion. Around 20% of overall production is exported to over 50 countries around the world. They employ 1,600 staff across 7 locations and will continue to drive organic growth and expand through strategic acquisitions to ensure it remains one of Australia's leading FMCG brands.
Based in a convenient office location in Port Melbourne, this exciting opportunity is to join one of Australia's most well-known, and established brands.
- Work closely with business users and stakeholders in the specification and design of business reporting solutions.
- Build reporting solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Work with end users to test/validate/reconcile reporting output.
- Assist in the development of the overall BI solution using appropriate BI tools, including designing and building cubes and dimensions, although the key focus of the role will be reporting.
- Develop an understanding of the data warehouse that supports the BI application to ensure that data issues can be resolved.
- Design and document process flows to optimise information.
- Provide technical advice to the Manager - Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse in relation to the development of reporting systems.
Maintenance and Administration of BI Systems
- Assist in daily health checks of the BI system.
- Undertake User administration functions including creation and maintenance of user roles and security.
Business Improvement Projects
- Participate in business improvement projects as required.
- Work with project team members to design solutions to meet business needs.
Support for Users of BI Tools
- Provide support to users of the BI solutions, responding to queries related to system functionality and data availability.
- Identify system issues and assist with their resolution
- Carry out maintenance on the BI solutions as required.
- Ensure adequate systems testing is undertaken before any changes are implemented.
- Work with other IT team members to ensure system issues are resolved, a stable operating environment is provided and areas of responsibilities and procedures are established.
- Manage security requirements for BI tools and Business and Finance reporting systems.
- Undertake appropriate documentation of any new developments/projects.
- Ensure that relevant users receive detailed communication of changes and participate in the sign off of developments.
Support to Operations:
- Provide assistance to all business unit managers and reporting system users to ensure BI tools and reporting systems are fully understood and used effectively.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have most, if not all, of the below characteristics:
- Varied experience across multiple BI reporting tools (Cognos/TM1 valuable but not essential)
- Demonstrated experience capturing business requirements and designing appropriate BI solutions for stakeholders.
- Very strong understanding of financial business operations.
- Expert understanding of SQL querying (Hands-on capability).
- Experience in the use of data warehouse solutions.
- Experience using varied ERP Systems.
- Experience with Manufacturing or Food Production is highly regarded
- Strong skills in data analysis and problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised, working on large projects with many data streams and deadlines.
What's on Offer
Offering an attractive 10 month fixed term contract, with a view for extension down the track. The successful applicant will be working with an existing BI team, and have countless opportunities to up-skill and grow over the course of your career with Bega.