- Maximum term role
- Great Salary and Benefits
About Our Client
At Michael Page Recruitment we are experts in putting you first. Therefore, we have partnered exclusively with a leading Government body in the public sector providing civil infrastructure. With a strong focus on people, culture, and services our client has earned a reputation as a premier organisation, attracting long term employees and solid projects. A lot of companies will say this, but this is a community focused government organisation- so their people come first. Our client is constantly upskilling and looking after their team to help see their very best in potential and for their staff members to grow.
- Comply with Council's Planning Scheme, Policies, Planning Act 2016, Building Act 1975, Building Code of Australia and Queensland Development Code in the performance of your duties.
- Provide professional technical advice and assistance to customers.
- Process and record development applications relating to Building Works inspections.
- Conduct inspections and certifications and ensure building development works carried out by the public is compliant.
- Ensure customer requests are actioned, effectively processed and addressed and seek further direction the Coordinator where necessary.
- Promote voluntary compliance through effective communication techniques.
- Prepare correspondence, business documents, reports and general correspondence.
- Contribute critical knowledge and skills to the development of general work procedures and work methods and participate in the review process.
- Contribute to the interpretation and administration of the areas of work where there are no established procedures.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of business practices and processes to assist Development Services achieve enhanced value of services provided by Council.
- Required to exercise the legislative powers in relation to entry onto private property for the purposes of performing Council works and/or monitoring/enforcing the provisions of legislation.
The Successful Applicant
1. Associate degree in Building Surveying and current Queensland Building Construction Commission (QBCC) Level 3 license or a Bachelor of Building Surveying with a QBCC Level 1 or 2 license accompanied by substantial years of relevant experience.
2. Knowledge of and experience interpreting and apply Legislation, Regulations, Codes and Standards.
3. Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written English) to engage with a broad client base and employees.
4. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
5. Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
6. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
What's on Offer
- Maximum term role of 2 years
- $100-110,000 plus super
- Excellent Government Benefits
- Relocation Benefits/ Remuneration
- Great Government role, with plenty of ongoing works
- Stability in a government role