Business Developer Manager IT - Data61 - Commonwealth
Contact Jean Carlo Ramirez at [email protected]
Worldwide leading company in data science
About Our Client
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia with the mission to create Australia's data driven future. They are unrivalled in intellectual capital and network with the global technology marketplace. With approximately 600 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia coupled with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with the best universities across Australia.
The role of Business and Commercialisation Manager Commonwealth (ACT) will be the conduit between government clients in Canberra and Data61. The position will manage existing government clients in Canberra and proactively develop new relationships via advanced sales planning, a direct consultative approach and the ability to understand client requirements in order to offer bespoke technical solutions.
- Strong and well established business development skills and experience selling to mid to large government organisations and experience of driving sales of new technology/solutions and services into the market place through direct sales.
- Capability to establish and maintain senior level relationships across multiple stakeholders.
- Consistent achievement of winning business within large public and commercial businesses with complex deals ($1m+) along with strong strategic and tactical sales planning experience.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills to a senior management level.
- Provide excellent management capabilities; able to coordinate and direct all phases of project-based efforts while managing, motivating and leading project teams. commercial development by building a portfolio of commercial engagements in specific markets, including consultancies, contract research and licensing activities as appropriate for the engagement strategy.
- Support BD & C Leader and Director in ensuring that R&D projects undertaken by the BD & C Team are based on understanding the needs of the defined industry sector, and the opportunities for strategic research to make an impact on these needs.
- Take major responsibility for maintaining DATA61 commercial relationships in the relevant markets, including direct account management for key relationships.
- Maintain close relationships with BD&C Managers in other DATA61 Business Teams through sharing information and opportunities, and ensure effective account management of external relationships that span more than one Business Team.
- Drive the forward revenue pipeline within Data61 to maximise opportunities that deliver return on investment and future revenue impacts to CSIRO and Australian industry.
- Strive for "Zero Harm" (physical and psychological) - promote a strong safety culture through active management of HSE performance.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong and well established business development skills and experience account managing and selling to Government clients and experience of driving sales of new technology/solutions/consulting and services into the market place through direct sales. Experience dealing with Local ACT Government is a plus.
- Strong sales origination skills and the ability to spot new opportunities and develop complex proposals to quickly win business.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, participate in and finalise commercial arrangements ready for approval, including the preparation of business plans, information memoranda, due diligence and negotiations with strategic partners.
- The candidate should be autonomous, direct, consultative & analytical in their approach.
- Capability to establish and maintain senior level relationships across multiple stakeholders
- Exhibit excellent management capabilities; able to coordinate and direct all phases of project-based efforts while managing, motivating and leading project teams.
- Commercial development by building a portfolio of commercial engagements in specific markets, including consultancies, contract research and licensing activities as appropriate for the engagement strategy.
- Proven ability to anticipate and manage significant issues, often in ambiguous situations, by evaluating and interpreting complex information and developing creative solutions and contingencies.
- Passion for new technologies.
What's on Offer
What's on Offer
On offer is a great long term contract. Also on offer are the following:
- Tier one and leading technology company
- Work alongside with the best researches of Australia
- Career development
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact Jean Carlo Ramirez via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skillset however would like to have a confidential discussion on your career please get in touch.