Business Development Manager - Air Freight/Import
Global Freight Forwarder
Genuine career progression
About Our Client
My Client began operations 40+ years ago, in New Zealand. Their first international branch opened up in 1984. My Client is a global logistics provider, offering warehousing, international and domestic freight forwarding. They have branches across Australia, China, Europe, New Zealand and the United States.
* Your strong experience in the International freight forwarding sector will ensure you have the depth of knowledge to develop and take ownership of the import air freight trade-lane through the identification, development and execution of appropriate opportunities.
* You must have specific experience with dealing with Import Air Freight, preferably 3-5 years.
* You will be well accustomed to the processes of generating new business opportunities, leads & accounts as well as maintaining targeted growth and development of the client portfolio.
* Your proven experience in assisting in preparation and negotiation of bids, RFQ's and quotations with customers will assist you in delivering this retention, development and growth.
As a key member of the sales team, your remit and contribution will involve developing and implementing a strong sales strategy and working collaboratively with the management team to optimize this strategy. Key accounts will be further enhanced with strong relationship management and a long term win-win sales approach via determining and anticipating their requirements.
The Successful Applicant
* You are currently employed in a Business Development capacity within the freight forwarding sector.
* You have a dedicated track record of sales across the sector.
* Strong relationship management and experience in conveying the value offered within these will position you well. This will also give you the freedom to lead and take advantage of the considerable opportunities in your trade lane.
* You will relish spending time out in the field as well as formulating and developing proposals at a head office level.
* You are a collaborative team player with a proven history of engaging, managing and influencing relationships with senior level stakeholders.
* You are currently responsible for planning and carry out direct sales activities to attain new accounts, prospecting, developing a pipeline with a number of opportunities and providing input on market needs to enhance the product development. Documentation of sales activities as per global standards in CRM, as such commercial and business acumen will be essential.
Above all you are incredibly driven to over achieve targets and build your career into higher honors. This is an incredibly unique and career defining opportunity to manage your own trade lane and take real ownership.
What's on Offer
My Client is offering a strong package consisting of a lucrative base, plus superannuation, plus a fully maintained vehicle and bonus potential on top of that. They also offer a strong team culture, and genuine career progression opportunities.