- National Tier 2, Multi Award Winning Commercial Main Building Contractor
- Outstanding culture within the, well resourced, tender team
About Our Client
My client is a nationally recognised commercial construction business with offices in all major metropolitan areas nationally. The company deliver, award winning, commercial new build projects across all non-residential sectors including but not limited to: Health Care, Education, Governmental, Sports Facilities, Police Buildings, Defence and Museums. They take a very careful and considered approach to the people they bring on board to maintain and build on an empowering and collaborative culture where people are encouraged and supported in their career aspirations.
The company's management executives believe that the foundation of their success lies within their people and the strategic selection of high performing and experienced construction professionals who have successfully managed and delivered projects for Australia's leading organisations.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and recommend a marketing plan & strategy.
- Identify opportunities, follow up, and source appropriate new projects and tendering opportunities.
- Prepare expressions of interests, tender submissions, and tender deliverables including programs, methodologies, management plans and other marketing related material.
- Involvement in and support the tender submission process.
- Involvement in tender review process, and when authorised, sign off and submit the tender
- Provide cost planning and budget advice to clients and consultants, in support of marketing initiatives, and to construction staff.
- Manage the hand over process for successful tenders
- Develop broad client, consultant and subcontractor base and manage this through a data base.
- Recommend, budget, and approve marketing activities including social functions, publications, and assess impact and value.
- Provide guidance, directions and mentoring to estimating and other staff, in relation to marketing and presentation.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will:
- Have minimum of 7 years experience in a BDM role in a similar construction sector.
- Have a proven / tangible track of securing new tender opportunities on projects in the non - residential construction sector.
- Be a driven, highly energetic and passionate about the construction industry.
- Solve problems effectively and independently.
- Be self-motivated and solution oriented.
- Work ethically and in accordance with compliance policies and procedures.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including operation and management teams.
- Have a well-established network of clients / relationships in the sector.
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package with bonus structures
- Enjoy a team-oriented culture
- Join an established and well-regarded construction business with a strong track record
- Time flexibility with autonomy to self-manage
- Ongoing training, support and investment in resources