Business Development Manager- Export
Excellent opportunity to join a leading global brand
Exciting opportunity to drive sales internationally
About Our Client
My client is a leading supplier of premium quality door hardware solutions for the sliding and folding door market. With a comprehensive range within their core markets they are trusted suppliers to both OEM's and distributors and are focused on building their presence throughout Asia in addition to furthering their market penetration within the Australian market.
With a core focus on driving business throughout Asia, the Pacific Islands and New Zealand the role will focus on achieving sales through a combination of dealers and OEM's. A core aspect of the position will be using the strong dealer network of the parent company to further sales in Asian markets in particular. The role will also entail extensive travel requirements to maintain strong relationships with key clients as well as to generate new leads. Some of the core aspects of the role will be as follows:
- Identify, develop and manage distributor and re-seller relationships to drive sales
- Seek to increase the distributor network through educating prospective leads on product features and benefits, whilst maintaining a strong understanding of market conditions
- Develop business plans for each market which focus on product, price, promotion and distribution in order to devise realistic sales targets.
- Conduct joint client visits with distributors to effectively manage key accounts and prospects.
- Ensure that existing accounts are retained whilst also ensuring that new business development is prioritised.
- Compilation of tenders and specifications to generate customer quotations.
- Bringing key distributors up to speed through extensive training on product range
The Successful Applicant
My client is open to a broad variety of candidate profiles, however due to the international nature of the role experience in export sales (preferably to the Asia Pacific region) is a none-negotiable. Some of the key attributes my client is looking for in the successful applicant are as follows:
- Strong understanding of differences in business culture across the Asia-Pacific region and cultural sensibility is essential.
- Experience of export sales in either door hardware or a closely aligned product suite.
- Extensive experience of travelling and conducting sales activities within the Asian market
- Strong track record of both account management and new business development
The position will also be supported with an Export coordinator who will process all orders, handle day to day order enquiries, and organise production coordination and shipping documents.
What's on Offer
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary package, comprising base, superannuation and performance based incentive scheme.