Business Development Manager - Freight Forwarding
International Logistics organisatiom
Period of growth for the company
About Our Client
My client is one of the world's leading global logistics service provider - who support the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management.
With a well-planned and ambitious growth strategy, my client is looking to hire multiple Sales positions across Sydney and Melbourne.
reporting to the State Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be joining a high performing and well-established sales team. You will be responsible for targeting, planning, and winning end-to-end supply chain and logistics related businesses across Australia
You will also:
- Generate sales activities in line with the company strategy
- Developing and closing new business opportunities
- Developing and implementing agreed sales goals and processes to support the efficient and effective achievement of commercial objectives
- Identifying and developing qualified and real time sales pipeline
- Actively supporting defined campaigns (e.g. vertical market, trade lane, transport, import/export etc) to achieve goals
- Working with the State Sales Manager to develop strategies and activities to support existing customer relationships and grow new accounts
- Developing, directing and managing with the wider marketing/sales team initiatives on new sales contacts
- Working together with Customer service team to develop value added solutions
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must be a collaborative, solutions focused individual who thrives in a competitive sales environment. My Client will consider various levels of experiences within the Logistics industry. However, the successful candidate will possess a combination of the following core competencies:
- 5 years or more Logistics industry experience (Freight forwarding or Contract logistics)
- Strong understanding of the International freight forwarding industry
- Knowledgeable in international import/export regulations specific to the position/department
- Excellent sales, negotiation and customer service skills gained in a similar position.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Business degree or equivalent preferred
What's on Offer
On offer for the suitable candidate is an opportunity to join one of the worlds biggest logistic organisations during a period of stable growth. A very strong salary is on offer as well for the right person with a lucrative bonus model and car allowance.