- Join an award-winning main building contractor with a solid reputation
- Collaborative culture in a close-knit Pre-Construction, tender team
About Our Client
My client is a mid-tier main building contractor that have been establish for 30 years. The company are experienced at building within live environments across the Industrial, Education, Automotive, Aged Care, Religious, Commercial and Heritage construction sectors and have delivered over 300 successful projects across Sydney Metro.
The business is built on its people and boasts a record of low staff turnover and high periods of longevity for its people.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and recommend a marketing plan & strategy.
- Identify opportunities, follow up, and source appropriate new projects and tendering opportunities.
- Prepare expressions of interests, tender submissions, and tender deliverables including programs, methodologies, management plans and other marketing related material.
- Involvement in and support the tender submission process.
- Involvement in tender review process, and when authorised, sign off and submit the tender
- Provide cost planning and budget advice to clients and consultants, in support of marketing initiatives, and to construction staff.
- Manage the hand over process for successful tenders
- Develop broad client, consultant and subcontractor base and manage this through a data base.
- Recommend, budget, and approve marketing activities including social functions, publications, and assess impact and value.
- Provide guidance, directions and mentoring to estimating and other staff, in relation to marketing and presentation.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will:
- Have minimum of 5 -8 years' experience in a BDM role in a similar construction sector
- Have a proven / tangible track of securing new tender opportunities on projects in the non - residential construction sector.
- Be a driven, highly energetic and passionate about the construction industry
- Solve problems effectively and independently
- Be self-motivated and solution oriented
- Work ethically and in accordance with compliance policies and procedures
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including operation and management teams
- Have a well-established network of clients / relationships in the sector
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package with bonus structures
- Enjoy a team-oriented culture
- Join an established and well-regarded construction business with a strong track record
- Time flexibility with autonomy to self-manage
- Ongoing training, support and investment in resources