Business Development Manager - IT Infrastructure
Be part a Global Entity
Join the world leader in IT infrastructure
About Our Client
I'm partnered exclusively with the world's largest systems provider. For nearly 60 years, my client has led the way in IT infrastructure, enclosures, power distribution, climate control and software & services. They now offer the perfectly coordinated system platform.
- To actively promote applicable Rittal products and services with target customer base, gaining orders, specification and standardisation.
- To define technical requirements with the customer and produce cost effective and deliverable solutions
- Establish and implement dynamic sales plan in accordance with company policy, objectives and strategy.
- Instigate proactive sales campaigns to develop a sales funnel over a rolling 30, 60 & 90 day principle.
- In consultation with line manager, constantly review customer base so that the correct balance of target and reactive accounts is maintained.
- Ensure that customer issues are owned and resolved by the most appropriate owners within the business units.
- Provide all relevant accurate information and reporting in a timely manner as required by line manager and feedback to marketing.
- To manage and maintain customer and partner records using the appropriate company tools.
- Actively monitor and report on the activity of competitors.
- Personal awareness of development needs in-line with knowledge and skills required for the role.
- Actively develop core competency in line with personal development plan.
- To support company initiatives and champion product competency development of other team members.
The Successful Applicant
- Appreciation & understanding of IT infrastructure within the data centre environment is desirable
- A degree in Electronical or Mechanical engineering is desirable
- Overview of market segment key drivers and characteristics
- Commercial processes
- Good working knowledge of the market dynamics
- Experience in Account Management and Sales
- High level of commercial awareness
- Proven ability to manage existing accounts
- Proven ability to develop new accounts
- General understanding of market dynamics
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Experience of the consultative sales process and complex tenders is desirable
What's on Offer
- Extremely competitive base salary
- Lucrative commission scheme which starts at 85% of target
- Resources & support of a Global entity