Business Development Manager - Packaging Industry
Join a Industry leading and innovative Packaging Business
Attractive Salary package with generous Car Allowance
About Our Client
My client is a leading innovative packaging, supply chain and logistics solutions provider. They service customers across the Asia Pacific region providing packaging and materials handling product solutions to various end users and customers. They remain a market leader in rigid plastic containers, food packaging and plastic materials handling within Asia Pacific.
A position for a motivated business developer has become available within their fresh Produce and materials Handling sector.
- Profitable business growth of existing and new customers in the designated markets and regions.
- Develop new business by following up leads, initiating customer contact and developing people and supply chain networks.
- Manage regional and interstate customer call cycles to maximise representation in the Fresh Produce sector and allocated material handling market segments.
- Participation in periodic sales forecasting and budgeting preparation as required.
- Attend industry functions as required to develop contacts in both the fresh produce and general materials handling markets.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship and referral network with other members of the business and cross functional sales teams.
- Work to deadlines, multitask and effectively communicate with other members and the leadership.
The Successful Applicant
My Client will consider a variety of experiences and backgrounds. However, the successful candidate will possess a combination of the below core competencies:
- Proven sales record with both new business development and customer account management
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills. Including the ability to adapt to both formal and informal negotiations.
- Knowledge of the fresh produce sector and associated supply chain desirable.
- Ability to work autonomously, manage time and call plans to support key business objectives.
- Ability to identify opportunities and cross sell a wide range of products.
- Previous experience in working in a supply chain that includes both direct and indirect sales to the end user.
- Elevated levels of initiative, motivation, self-discipline, and general professionalism.
- Experience in the process associated with new product development and the implementation of new and existing products into the market.
If successful you will have a clear opportunity to one day lead a formidable sales team of business developers, account managers and category sales managers.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a generous Salary package comprising of:
Base + Superannuation + Car Allowance + Commission
And clear career progression opportunities within the business.