- Join a leading Electrical manufacturer and IT infrastructure technology provider
- Competitive Salary package and generous bonus incentives
About Our Client
Headquartered in Germany, my client is a market leader within Electrical manufacturing and provides complete Data Centre infrastructure solutions to customers across the globe. They are also a leading enclosure manufacturer and climate control technology provider, who custom build their products to specification.
With growing demand for engineered products and services across the region my client is now looking for an experienced Business Development Manager (BDM) to join their Auckland sales team.
As a BDM your mission is to increase the profitable sales of all applicable products and services (namely Enclosures, Racks, cooling systems and combined/engineered Infrastructure solutions), to the relevant customer base, in line with company objectives. Work with all segments and activities to ensure strong interdependent links between teams ensuring increased customer satisfaction.
Other responsibilities include:
- Identify and win new business opportunities with infrastructure projects and IT/Data-centre customers.
- Define technical requirements with the customer and produce cost effective and deliverable solutions.
- Establish and implement dynamic sales plan in accordance with company policy, objectives and strategy.
- Instigate proactive sales campaigns to develop a sales funnel over a rolling 30, 60 & 90-day principle.
- In consultation with line manager, constantly review customer base so that the correct balance of target and reactive accounts is maintained.
- Ensure that customer issues are owned and resolved by the most appropriate owners within the business units.
- Provide all relevant accurate information and reporting in a timely manner as required by line manager and feedback to marketing.
- Manage and maintain customer and partner records using the appropriate company tools.
- Actively monitor and report on the activity of competitors.
- Personal awareness of development needs in-line with knowledge and skills required for the role.
- Actively develop core competency in line with personal development plan.
- Support company initiatives and champion product competency development of other team members.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must be a motivated and highly driven salesperson, willing to join a competitive sales team. As a BDM you will have a curious mind and have proven sales experience in Electrical/Electronic manufacturing, IT/Data-centre or related industries. My client will consider various levels of experience; however, the successful candidate will possess a combination of the following core competencies:
- Experience in Business Development and Account Management - Sales.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Proven ability to develop new accounts.
- Proven ability to manage existing accounts and partners.
- General understanding of market dynamics.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Experience of the consultative sales process and complex tenders is desirable.
- Understanding of IT markets and in particular IT infrastructure (rack, power, cooling, monitoring) within the data centre environment is desirable.
- Experience of end user development and channel management.
What's on Offer
You will be part of a successful global team, leading the way with outstanding technical knowledge and will have the opportunity to grow within the business over the coming years. You will also be given an attractive Salary package, Car Allowance, a generous and lucrative Bonus scheme and all the tools of the trade necessary to carry out your work.