Business Development Manager - Steel
Long Term Career Development Opportunities
Leader in light structural steel products
About Our Client
Operating in the manufacturing and construction industries, our client has a focus specifically on grating, handrail and expanded metal for access platforms, catwalks, rooftops and walkways. They have a global footprint throughout Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East.
Due to the growth and new opportunities, they are looking for a Business Development Manager for Victoria. This is a great opportunity for a hunter to be part of an established business unit and make their mark inside of a growing company.
Reporting to the Regional Manager VIC, your role will be an integral part of Melbourne based team with a major focus on achieving and exceeding sales targets and revenue goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing strong long term relationships with key customers in the region through regular contact, delivery of quotes, estimates and tenders.
- Develop and build meaningful and lasting relationships with key and influential stakeholders by gathering strategic information about their business, understanding their issues and providing them with a solution by demonstrating how you can add value to their business.
- Maintaining and build a project pipeline and close projects by negotiating price, delivery and other requirements.
- Work with internal teams to ensure customer requirements are met and manage customer disputes and any other sales issues as they arise.
- Monthly meetings with the sales team and management to discuss current contracts and potential opportunities, assist with the monthly forecasting of annual and monthly sales revenue and monitor weekly and monthly progress to ensure KPI's are met.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 2+ years' experience in previous business development focused role in a related field - Steel
- Ability to estimate and read & understand technical drawings and plans
- Successful account management experience in major or key accounts
- Superior customer relationship management skills with the ability to relate to stakeholders at multiple different levels of a business
- Past experience in engineering or a metal trade will be highly regarded
- Experience in dealing with tendering processes will also be highly regarded.
What's on Offer
This BDM opportunity provides a career defining opportunity to be an integral part of a growing business by providing high quality steel and FRP products to projects across VIC. You will be consistently challenged and provided with the necessary training to be successful from the beginning and the opportunity to learn from their team of experienced leaders across Australia. The overall package includes a base salary, superannuation, fully maintained company car and tools of the trade.