- Join a business with established market reputation and position.
- Exciting Business Development Manager role in highly successful team.
About Our Client
My client is one of the biggest names in transportation and logistics. They have operations in road, rail, sea, air and warehousing. This business is going through a radical transformation so now is a very exciting time to join.
- Prospect new business customers in the territory in accordance with weekly/monthly/annual growth targets.
- Prepare a sales plan to illustrate where new business/growth will be acquired to meet territory budget
- Follow the sales on-boarding guidelines for all new customers.
- Ensure all new customers are set up correctly within the administration & billing system.
- Monitor first 3 month's trade to ensure customer integrity & satisfaction of service.
- Ensure that existing customers within the territory do not exit the business.
- Report to the Senior Manager on a weekly basis with respect to call cycle, quotes or tenders submitted, new business secured, and denied opportunities.
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with operational, customer service staff and drivers.
- Establish competitor information profile and report back on market findings.
- Play an active and proactive role in the sales team
- Ensure the image of the Company is portrayed in the most professional manner.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to establish rapport and build business relationships across multiple layers within an organisation.
- High-level solution based selling.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Broad business and commercial experience and knowledge.
- Organisation and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Effective presentation skills, with strong knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Territory budget management capabilities and reporting.
- Strong analytical ability and numerical confidence.
- Attention to detail.
- Business acumen/commercial sense
- Sound operational knowledge and ability
- Understanding of basic profit and loss and balance sheet concepts
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills - both written and oral
- Strong customer service skills
- Sound conflict resolution skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to co-operate with others
- Results driven
- Strong self management & discipline
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Adaptability to new incoming products and services
- "Can do" attitude.
- Strong customer centricity
- Strong interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
This role is offering the following;
- Attractive salary
- Car allowance
- Uncapped commission