Business Manager - Facilities Services
Join a leading Facilities Services Business in Senior leadership role
Industry leading Salary Package with Great Bonus Scheme
About Our Client
My Client is one of the largest Business services companies with over 35,000 employees across more than 70 countries.
They have made a strong commitment to protect people from the dangers of pest-borne disease, the risks of poor hygiene or from any injuries in the workplace.
My client enhances lives with services that protect the health and well being of people, and the reputation of their customer's brands.
As the Business Manager you are in a Senior Leadership role responsible for leading and managing the execution of the Sales and Operations plans within Sydney, NSW.
Additionally, the Business Manager will set and deliver annual sales and customer service targets, develop strategic priorities and manage initiatives to ensure ongoing business growth. You are also responsible for ongoing achievement of the Business Plan and agreed Target and Assignments.
- Develop talent and capabilities of Sales, Operations and Customer Service colleagues.
- Create an engaging culture based on service, teamwork, relationships, leading and coaching to encourage an engaged and enabled workforce.
- Closely lead the team of direct reports.
- Ensure that the annual budgeted headcount for service, sales and administration is maintained and recruit, induct and continually train all staff to identify and exceed customer's needs.
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders (internally and externally).
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback with a formal Half Year & Year End Review for all direct reports. Conduct regular team meetings to update, inform and motivate.
- Provide annual target and assignment setting and training plans for all direct reports.
- Provide guidance to direct reports and encourage them to explore new opportunities within the framework of the responsibilities and as a result, grow in their roles with confidence.
Annual Operating Plan
- Develop and deliver annual Business Plan and agreed Target and Assignments.
- Achieve annual budgeting and forecasting.
- Accountable for the profitability operation of the business and its achievement of targets and budget objectives
- To review monthly trading accounts against the expectation expressed in the prior forecast. Differences should be understood so that forecasts may be updated every month, by month, until the end of the trading year reflecting changing circumstances.
- To grow the portfolio through the development of sales to existing and, especially, new customers and by limited contract reductions and terminations.
- To grow the contract portfolio through the development of sales to existing and, especially, new customers and by limiting contract reductions and terminations.
- To monitor and manage sales pricing within the framework of the approved price list.
- Closely monitor the performance of the total state field-based team.
- Lead and coach the operations managers/team to execute the service plan with 100% service levels.
- To ensure that quality services are delivered to customers through the operations manager. Monitor the service level performance through the monthly reports and weekly reviews with the Operations Manager.
- Sales is everyone's responsibility - encourage Operations colleagues to submit Sales Leads.
- Set and measure market share, customer service and customer satisfaction performance.
- Lead and coach the internal customer service team to provide outstanding service to our customers and drive retention.
- To build relationships with customers decision makers to pre-empt potential customer dissatisfaction and seek further sales.
- Provide reporting to national stakeholders as requested.
- Communicate regularly with all staff verbally, and in writing, on all issues that affect their work and the impact it has on customers and their staff, whether that impact is perceived or real.
- To have a regular branch meeting monthly to discuss branch matters with all staff.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are understood through training and awareness and practised by all staff.
- Ensure you wear the necessary protective clothing and equipment where appropriately needed.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding large team management experience, a proven track record within the B2B environment and the following core competencies:
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Hands on management style
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen
- Strong communicator and motivator
- Non-political but organisationally-savvy
- Strong relationship building skills
- Experience in the management of staff and successful performance in the previous position
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Strong people management skills
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will have an industry leading salary package consisting of:
- Generous Base
- Car Allowance
- General Management Bonus Scheme