Business Manager | Hotel & Residential Apartment Management
Work for a leading hotel management group with an outstanding brand and rep
Great central location, collaborative, tight knit team with outstanding culture
About Our Client
This role offers an interesting blend of strategic development and execution, along with the operation and administration of a diverse luxury hotel operation, as well as the management of luxury residential apartment sales operation. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic team that is focused on working with a world-renowned hotel management company and delivering outstanding customer experiences, underpinned by operational excellence.
- Issue instruction to Hotel Operator in accordance with executed hotel agreements
- Regular meeting with the Hotel Operator and ensures the Hotel Operator are fulfilling the requirement of the HMA, etc.
- Report direct to the Management Board and co-management with the existing Hotel Operator on a hotel project
- Assist in the review of the hotel operator tender and engagement on the operator for a hotel project in Sydney and development liaison with the successful operator.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the Owner.
- Ensure the operating forecast and feasibility is correct and market tested.
- Developing the Asset Plan which is much more than the physical building and sets out the Owner's objectives and how that will be implemented;
- Communicating with the operator and negotiating the management contract that aligns with the Asset Plan;
- Understanding the market positioning of the hotel and aligning the pre-opening budget and strategy consistent with the Asset Plan;
- Managing the interface between operator technical services, Owner, design team and builder during the design, construction and pre/post opening phases;
- Reviewing annual sales, marketing and business plans supported by detailed and market facing budgets;
- Alert the Management Board any risk and propose any change, if required.
- Ensure the legal risks of directors of Owner company are identified and monitored, managed or eliminated
- Maintain appropriate data base and records for the Owner, including market conditions, STR reports on the relevant competitive set
- Identify opportunities to unlock value of the businesses Review and monitor revenue management strategies employed by the operator and ensure they are consistent with the objectives of the Asset Plan
- Monitor the performance of the General Manager and other key executives and periodically that performance with regional head of the Hotel Operator
- Determine if any brand standards are inconsistent with the Asset Plan and resolve with the Hotel Operator how to change or waive those standards
- Negotiating major deals and maintaining key customer contacts at senior levels.
- Working with other relevant managers to develop sales strategy.
- Monitoring sales and expense performance and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Developing budget, and regularly reporting actual performance to budget, with variance analyses and revised projections.
- Coordinating the gathering of market intelligence covering competitor's products and sales strategies.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of external agents, dealers and distribution channels.
- Recruiting, training and motivating internal sales staff.
- Working with the internal project team to deliver the project in accordance with the Management's requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Over 6-8 years 5-star hotel experience preferably, including development, asset management and operations, with ideally at least 3 - 4 years of experience in sales, preferably in residential (apartment) market.
- Strong operational background in hotel management;
- Understanding of customer service trends in luxury hotels;
- Strong ability to control financials including P&L's, forecasts and operating budgets and the ability to react with impactful strategies;
- Be familiar with all day-to-day operations of the hotel;
- Understand all departments within the hotel including housekeeping, engineering, marketing and reservations and finance while promoting effective communication between departments;
- Understand hotel operators: the good and the bad of operators, the brand management challenge, positioning the brand in the market;
- Conversant with commercial logic: investment strategy, banking, valuations, financial models, legal, contracts, economics;
- Conversant with development: feasibility's, interface between operator and commerce, design interface with the design team, technical services by operator, access to market assessments;
- Proficient in business plan and budgets: understand and approve, monitor, reject, change plans, interface with the operator regularly;
- Understand IT and data: how this is changing the business, planning for change;
- Understand compliance and risk: commercial, business, building codes, contracts, etc.
What's on Offer
- Lucrative salary package
- Central office location, 1st class office space