Business Unit Manager - Cardiovascular
Sales and Marketing focused role, prior experience in both is required
Manage a team of 6 across ANZ
About Our Client
We are currently working with Terumo, a well-established, international organisation who pride themselves on delivering only the finest medical devices and supplies to the healthcare industry. They are proud to perform their own research and development, manufacturing, marketing, distribution and sales. By relentlessly pursuing excellence in everything they do, Terumo contributes to society in more than 160 countries around the world.
Reporting to the Business Director and working closely with the wider leadership team across different functions, this is a hands on role with the key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Setting Sales and marketing strategies and expense budgets, aligning them with the national sales and marketing strategies including full forecasting and reporting on an ongoing basis.
- Providing leadership and strategic direction for the business unit, aligning the business unit with a broader business plan.
- Planning, directing, and monitoring the activities of a sales and marketing teams within the specified business unit to achieve sales and marketing performance targets.
- Engaging internal partners to develop strategy, facilitate change, and drive activity that is synchronised with the strategic initiatives of the business unit.
- Translating market intelligence into executable plans to increase revenue and market share.
- Collaborating with Corporate Accounts to develop strategies negotiating contracts and tenders within policy guidelines, maintaining contact with key clients and identifying and steering opportunities for business improvement.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with all key account personnel and relevant functions in order to support selling, market development, and clinical programs.
- Managing the sales and marketing teams and providing leadership to promote an employee-oriented company culture that emphasises quality, continuous improvement, employee retention and high performance.
- Managing all aspects of the direct reporting team including recruitment, performance improvement, ongoing skill development and target management.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a dynamic sales and marketing professional with 10 + years' sales and marketing experience within a clinical medical device role. Key attributes:
- Clinical cardiovascular and operating theatre experience, cardiac surgery and perfusion experience highly desirable.
- Strong people management experience.
- Experience in financial modelling, contract negotiation and forecast management.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Previous experience strong understanding of the Japanese business culture advantageous.
- MBA would be considered highly advantageous
What's on Offer
- A comprehensive package including base, car allowance, super, bonus and additional company benefits
- On-site parking available
- Great company culture
As a responsible community member, Terumo recruits people from all backgrounds. They believe that their employees from many different cultural, linguistic and national backgrounds provide them with valuable knowledge for understanding and reflecting their customers in local markets. They are committed to diversity and social inclusion and welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people who identify as LGBTIQ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds."