Exciting new Purchasing role
Temporary Contract in Mining
About Our Client
Large Mining Company
- The timely placement of orders for stock replenishment, direct charge goods and services, and process materials in accordance with agreed company specifications.
- Execute, maintain and expedite purchase orders. Coordinates the development, issuance, and evaluation of Request for Proposals and Request for Quotation packages.
- May negotiate low value contracts for certain commodities and or services for geographical area for Tender packages.
- Management of low value supplier relationships with supplier account managers
- Update master data for pricing, lead times etc.
- Investigate and resolve quantity and price invoice to PO mismatches
- Maintaining accurate records of imported goods orders
- Management of processes to identify, develop, and qualify alternative suppliers to ensure security of supply
- Supplier selection based on bid analysis and supplier evaluation criteria within scope of authority
- Evaluates implementation of methods (JIT, MRP, consignment, and VMI) to optimize low-median value commodity inventory levels
- Negotiate prices savings.
- Negotiate delivery and lead times.
- Responsible for transport arrangements toward ensuring smooth operations.
- General administration related to Supply team.
The Successful Applicant
The main focus of the workload is focusing on purchasing items for stock replenishment and will therefore be purchasing based, rather than contracts.
The main tasks will involve sending Requests for Quotations and raising Purchase Orders daily to ensure the needs of the plant.
We require someone who is hardworking, particular and diligent.
What's on Offer
Great working environment