C++ Software Engineer x2
Cutting edge technologies in robotics and automation systems.
Greenfield project work with a highly skilled technical team.
About Our Client
This is a unique opportunity to work in one of Australia's largest data innovation and research labs. With unrivalled intellectual capital, a global technology network and a large team of leading PhD research staff, you will work with cutting edge technologies involving automation and real-time autonomous robotics operations.
As part of a team of highly skilled and experienced software engineers, key responsibilities across these 2 roles will include:
Role 1 (Cross-platform software engineer):
- Help to port the Linux implementation to Windows 10, first converting existing project scripts from ROS to ROS2 CMake layout, to work with a meta build system.
- Address any ROS/ROS2 compatibility issues, and convert any Linux specific code to support a Windows implementation.
- Conversion of current build process to support building under Windows.
- Conversation of Linux based plugin system to support Linux SO and Windows DLL.
Role 2 (Tools development software engineer)
- Develop various utilities to support usage and usability.
- Author commend line tools for output comparison and validation of 3D trajectories and point clouds.
- Create a customer compressed binary data file format for input/output and intermediate data.
- Create new plugins and modules to modify and filter 3D trajectory and point cloud output.
The Successful Applicant
Essential technical criteria:
- Strong, demonstrated modern C++ development experience.
- Experience using CMake to setup C++ projects.
- Linux (and ideally Windows) development experience - while not essential for one of the two roles, experience with porting a Linux implementation to Windows 10 would be highly beneficial.
- Experience in C/C++ compression libraries and techniques.
- Preferred: Experience in 3D geometry processing.
- Preferred: ROS development experience.
What's on Offer
- Western suburbs location with on-site parking.
- Cutting edge technical environment with a friendly and supportive team of software engineers.
- Initial 3 month contract with strong possibility of extensions.
- Immediate start available, but negotiable with notice periods etc.
- Competitive contract rates in line with demonstrated experience.