- A competitive salary expected to be in the $140k-$170k range (Including super)
- An opportunity to work for one of Australia's leading freight carriers
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading freight and rail operators in Australia. They have been in operation for many years and they are essential to the resources industry throughout Australia.
- Accountable for developing and implementing the category strategy and management plan across key categories within the portfolio.
- Develop and maintain market intelligence across global supply markets, emerging trends, analyse data and provide alternative supply option recommendations to key stakeholders in a timely manner
- Contribute to future contractual terms and conditions in conjunction with Legal by employing best practice to manage risk and maximise value.
- Identify cost savings and produce procurement, contract management and aggregation benefits
- Manage, coach, mentor and lead a small external team to achieve both strategic and operational goals
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, internal policies, enterprise strategy and provide input to Executive and Board reporting
- Provide strategic commercial leadership and delivery of continuous improvement initiatives in partnership with key stakeholders utilising change management expertise
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Business or another related field (Mandatory) and a nationally recognised professional commercial accreditation (e.g. CIPS, CA, CPA, CFA, Preferred)
- Previous demonstrated experience in a procurement role.
- Strong ability to partner with the business and be a trusted advisor.
- Exceptional end to end procurement skills
- Strong ability to negotiate contract terms and conditions
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks effectively in a fast paced environment
- High level communication skills, both written & verbal and the ability to influence & negotiate with a diverse variety of key stakeholders
What's on Offer
- A generous salary package between $140,000-$170,000 (total package) + 15% bonus structure
- WFH/Hybrid Flexibility
- An experienced leadership team