Category Manager - Furniture
Heritage Australian Retailer of quality products
Unique Category Management position within the Furniture industry
About Our Client
Forty Winks is Australia's leading Bed, Mattress and Bedding Retailer, with a rich heritage in providing the best quality brands and largest ranges to the market via the well-established Franchisee network.
In order to be successful within this role, the ideal applicant will come from a Retail background (preferably from Furniture Categories) and will have experience working with suppliers globally. Alongside this, experience working within a franchised network and a strong understanding of managing/leading committee meetings would really bring the edge to the role.
Some of the key responsibilities within the role are as follows:
- Develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders including suppliers, franchisees and customers.
- You will be integral to developing the merchandise plans and sourcing of unique and exclusive furniture products that support the market specialist position of Forty Winks.
- Negotiate wholesale and discount pricing with suppliers.
- Develop and implement furniture packaging and presentation standards which are appealing, support supply chain efficiency and promote customer convenience.
- Develop supply partnerships that enable Forty Winks to optimise the in-stock position & product performance.
- Establish a leadership position within the national Product Committee and co-ordinate Product Committee meetings when viewing new furniture product and addressing furniture supplier issues.
- Attend international and local furniture fairs, alongside being on top of Retail trends and competitor analysis.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role it would be advantageous if you were Degree qualified in an appropriate business or discipline.
- You will have previous Category Management experience in the furniture industry with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience with international travel and product sourcing.
- You will have previous experience in a franchisee model.
- An ability to openly interact and consult collaboratively with stakeholders regarding all aspects of stock control, purchasing, range reviews and assessment of any analysis produced.
- Experience with e-commerce and online trading models, coupled with awareness of retail and industry trends
- Experience in establishing and monitoring appropriate product quality standards and optimal stock levels.
What's on Offer
- $Competitive package
- Rare opportunity to join an established and growing business at a senior level.
- Broad and exciting role with proven long-term career development path
Please note Michael Page Supply Chain have been retained to manage this recruitment process, all direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page for their consideration.