Category Manager - IT & Professional Services
World class office environment
Opportunity to work with industry leading procurement professionals
About Our Client
Our client is recognisable brand with a strong industry leading procurement function.
With a major need for a strong an IT, professional and corporate services category expert, you will lead some of the most important and stakeholder heavy categories.
As the Category Manager & Sourcing Specialist you will ultimately be responsible for full end to end category management of the professional & corporate services categories/
You will be able to articulate examples of strong stakeholder management, category management, negotiation and hitting the ground running.
Your experience will include but not be limited to:
- Manage contracts, recognise savings and implement cost saving procedures
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders, keeping them onside and manage their expectations
- Liaise with other managers and teams on a weekly / fortnightly basis, to ensure budgets and projections are met
- Present findings to the senior management, with rectification plans, should they be required
- Uphold and overall procurement processes, best practice and policies, should it be required
- This role will have a large amount of autonomy, requiring the successful candidate to have a drive to succeed and overachieve on set targets.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should have significant experience working within any services based Industry and specific experience in the professional services category
Utilising your experience in this category you will have:
- Previous sourcing experience, focusing on a similar sized role across IT Services, HR, Professional and Corporate Services.
- Track record of procurement process improvement, contracts management and achieving success through procurement
- Positives references leaving the procurement department in better shape than when you found it.
What's on Offer
Exceptional opportunity to develop your skills and manage important strategic sourcing projects.