12 month fixed term contract
Map and plan strategic procurement initiative
About Our Client
Our client is a well-respected utilities organisation. The have a strong technical knowledge within their procurement function, and due to a recent period of change, have identified the requirement for a Category Specialist to assist with mapping, planning and delivery of direct procurement strategy.
To be successful in the role of indirect Category Specialist you will be able to confidently perform the following duties;
- Strategic sourcing and development of categories including internal data analysis, cost analysis, supplier and market analysis and contract execution
- Planning and mapping of upcoming procurement activities in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Support and contribute to planning and delivery of category sourcing strategies
- Manage, analyse and interpret operational spend data
- Manage supplier performance on a structured basis
- Promote procurement best practice in terms of sourcing within the operating company.
- Build strong relationships with the businesses in order to strengthen the credibility of the procurement team and influence procurement decisions and outcomes
- Communicate effectively with and manage relationships with key stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role of Category Specialist role you will be able to demonstrate;
- Proven track record in strategic sourcing and operational buying. Experience in heavy industry, utilities and capex highly regarded
- Strong strategic sourcing focus and expertise, within indirect procurement
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and with all functions with team leadership skills
- Strong analytical and execution skills with understanding of key cost drivers
- Good category knowledge and knowledge of financial concepts, budget management and cost reduction initiatives.
- Champion new ideas and initiatives to create an environment that supports change and innovation
- Support company policy, strategic decisions and process improvement efforts in the procurement function.
What's on Offer
A 12 month Fixed Term Contract with possible extension, the role has the ability to change and develop with you as you execute outcomes. Supportive leadership with clear direction.