- Green City Construction
- Residential Real Estate
About Our Client
Our client has created a SPV between two different organizations who will be the employer for the projet.
The CEO has a primary responsibility for the management of the business and operations in accordance with the Company's approved constitution and policies by the Board of Directors. The CEO is also expected to believe in the concept of the Green City and the benefits delivered to Rwanda and its population. The CEO is also responsible for providing overall leadership and guidance in implementing the project.
The CEO shall report to the Board of Directors. Specific duties and responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide overall leadership and management of company affairs under the guidance of the Board.
- Spearhead the development and execution of strategies based on the vision specifically regarding its ambition to achieve innovation, green, climate resilience and affordability.
- With the support of a Project Management Consultant, oversee the work of the Urban Architectural Design Consultant when developing the Masterplan for the 600-ha, detailed design for the 16-ha (infrastructure) Phase C above), and provide leadership and guidance in the implementation of the pilot project and future phases thereafter.
- With oversight from the Board, recruit and lead the senior management and team (staff and consultants) required in the implementation of the Project. (Initially commence with supervision of a Development Director and perform his/her performance appraisal).
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the team.
- Represent the company, as its principal spokesperson, maintaining effective communication and beneficial relationships with the shareholder/s, relevant stakeholders, customers, media, statutory bodies, government institutions and the public.
- Preserve and enhance the corporate image and reputation of the Project.
- Promote a corporate culture that embraces ethical practices, individual integrity, accountability and social responsibility.
- Revise and implement the strategic and business plans, ensuring that they are monitored, and reports submitted periodically to the Board.
- Revise, implement, monitor and evaluate the requisite financial and operational plans to implement the strategic and business plans.
- Enforce accountability and transparency while executing the project.
- With oversight from the Board, enter into legally binding agreements and commitments on behalf of the company with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure prompt submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial/operational reporting to the Board.
- Elaborate and implement marketing and sales strategies, enhancing the uptake of the housing products from the project
- Elaborate an investment plan to strategically re-invest Companies profits.
- Create sustainable long-term shareholder value while securing company assets.
- Develop and maintain the culture, values, quality standards and regulations within the company team (staff and consultants) and other key stakeholders and partners.
- Develop and maintain the company's policies and regulations as well as systems, procedures and processes for effective and efficient management of the company.
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate the risk management framework including the risk register and appropriate mitigation measures.
- Ensure the company and project complies with all its legal, regulatory and administrative obligations.
- Ensure periodic audit as is required by law and regulation.
- In collaboration with the Board, establish and implement the Board Charter for effective Governance of the Company.
- Support the Board in taking informed decisions on strategic direction, ensuring timely and accurate transmission of all pertinent information and updates. Inclusive of which are the company's operational and financial affairs, project progress, matters stemming from government and regulators-fiscal, monetary, environmental, policy and regulation.
- Master's degree in Real Estate Development, Urban Planning and Development, Engineering, Property Development and Investment, Construction, Strategic Investment, Business Administration or other relevant degrees.
- Professional Qualifications such Project Management Professional (PMP)®, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® or PRINCE2® (added advantage).
- At least 10 years' experience in real estate project development and management. With at least 5 years of experience in a senior managerial/executive position. International experience will be seen as an asset.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have strong academic qualifications and come from a construction environment with expertise in managing company operations.
What's on Offer
A competitive remuneration package with associated/industry related benefits.