Respected Not for Profit brand based in Melbourne
Role split between BAU and Project Management
About Our Client
The Heart Foundation is Australia's leading heart health charity, committed to helping Australians lead healthier lifestyles and encouraging those most at risk to take better care of their heart health. Our One Heart Strategy (2018-2020) is focused on prevention, care and support, and research, to both prevent heart disease and improve heart health and quality of life for all Australians.
This role provides strategic financial leadership to the CEO of the Heart Foundation. This position oversees leadership and management of the finance function, coordinating the preparation of organisation budgets, forecasts, and management of finances across the organisation through consistent internal controls and processes, statutory reporting and audit.
Key accountabilities will be split between managing the day to day operations of the finance function and leading a strategic overhaul of the Finance structure and processes, this will break down as follows:
- Lead the preparation and recommendation of the organisation's annual budget with the Leadership Team
- Overseeing the purchase of significant new assets for the organisation
- Providing strategic financial advice to the CEO Heart Foundation and Leadership Team into financial projections, milestones and KPIs
- Overseeing the investment portfolio
- Developing and implementing strategies to ensure the effective operation of the Heart Foundation's financial management.
- Proactively leading the alignment across the finance function to collaboratively work to achieve optimal efficiency and effectiveness for the Heart Foundation over time.
- Developing a new chart of accounts to reflect new organisational structure
- Overseeing of the preparation of organisation's annual audits; including leading the preparation of the year-end Annual Financial Statements
The Successful Applicant
- Qualifications in accounting CPA/CA.
- Proven CFO experience (preferably gained within the Not for Profit sphere).
- Demonstrable experience as a successful and proactive change agent who has delivered structural change, systems and process improvement projects.
What's on Offer
The role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to utilise your experience and make a difference to an important organisation in their ongoing development.