- Outstanding leadership opportunity with an industry leader
- Attractive salary package and incentive scheme
About Our Client
Our client is a leading data and software platform in the freight & logistics industry, operating across Oceania, Asia Pacific, and the Americas, with a range of interconnected products and solutions that meet the needs of the freight & logistics industry.
They are an agile, fast paced, and innovative company who continue to push the boundaries and lead the way in innovation for their industry. Currently in an exciting period of change and organisational transformation, they have created a new role of Chief Commercial Officer.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, as a key member of the Leadership Team, the Chief Commercial Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic efforts that lead the organisation towards the accomplishment of its mission and objectives through revenue growth and protection.
They will lead Sales, Account Management and Marketing, driving sustainable year on year growth and ensuring both customer and brand satisfaction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development and execution of the business' commercialisation strategies (short and long term) to achieve the business growth objectives
- Creating strategies and plans for protecting and driving year on year revenue growth across all product lines and geographies whilst championing the customer experience.
- Provision of market intelligence to support strategic business decisions gained through monitoring competitor products, sales, and marketing activities
- Identifying and developing opportunities to break into new markets or enhance existing market reach and value agenda
- Translating the Sales & Marketing strategy into business targets, budgets, and tangible plans
- Taking a strong and structured approach to strategic sales, marketing and account management whilst promoting the company's brand and sales pipeline to ensure all opportunities to grow revenue are realised
- Establishing and growing partner channels to drive the value proposition, product usage, growth, and revenue
- Driving, developing, and managing best practices within Sales, Account Management and Marketing customer value proposition to secure growth and profitable sales
- Attracting and retaining customers and ensuring development of a highly professional relationship to the various decision makers within the customer's organisation
- Creating, implementing, overseeing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing strategy designed to enhance the company's growth and position within the marketplace.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role you will demonstrate:
- Proven leadership, with an outstanding track record in developing and executing growth strategies in a SaaS environment
- Previous experience in a similar Chief Commercial Officer, General Manager Commercial Manager / Sales & Marketing, Director of Business Unit or Sales Director role, within the logistics or a related industry
- A strong commercial background involving marketing, business development, sales and channel management, contract negotiation, development of pricing strategies and key account management
- A history of growing revenue, sales margins, and market share in domestic and international markets
- Demonstrated ability to successfully launch new products and build profitable income streams
- The ability to identify new opportunities and develop collaborative engagement models with customers to drive commercial outcomes
- A team player approach that sees you work with the Product & Technology teams to prioritise opportunities or projects and accelerate time to market for new products
- Proven experience in setting up and growing partner channel programs that drive value, transaction, and revenue growth
- Demonstrable experience in strategic account management strategies that grow existing accounts with an exceptional customer experience.
- Experience in operating at/with Board level
- University degree in business, marketing, or a related discipline.
What's on Offer
This is a unique opportunity to utilise your skills, experience and leadership in an organisation looking to significantly grow its operations. An attractive remuneration package and bonus structure based on performance will be on offer for the successful candidate.
In addition, you will:
- Work with a team of agile innovators with a customer obsessed mindset
- Be working in a blended office & remote work environment
- Collaborate with your peers in a modern, open plan office
- Have access to ongoing development & career opportunities
- Participate in a regular calendar of social events