Chief Financial Officer
Join a leading diversified residential property development & construction Group
Strategically focussed Chief Financial Officer position
About Our Client
My client, a household name in the residential development & construction sector, is currently looking to recruit an operationally focused and driven Chief Financial Officer. This large and well-known group has seen strong results in their sector and offers the successful applicant a great opportunity to step into a dynamic and truly operational position with strong local & international growth opportunities. You will be the 2IC to the Chief Executive Officer and support them in developing and executing long-term growth strategies for the diversified Group.
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will lead the financial and commercial operations of the Group, including responsibility for all financial and tax accounting, statutory and commercial compliance, treasury for the Group. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, your key deliverable will be to contribute to the development of long-range financial and operational strategies and business plans for the Group. You will also be responsible for implementing best practice in the development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Other responsibilities will include the following:
- Contribute to the development of long-range financial and operational strategies and business plans for the Group, including the development of a 5-year business plan and financial forecasts and tax strategies;
- Financial Governance & Reporting, including managing the preparation of the timely, accurate and necessary financial information concerning the performance of the Group's operations;
- Preparation of monthly financial results for review by the Chief Executive Officer, taking full responsibility for the integrity of the data output and information representation;
- Working closely with the Group Managing Director, Chief Executive Officer, as well as the executive leadership team to set up international subsidiaries, including the set up and oversight of its capital structure, funding management, and tax planning;
- Treasury management, including the monitoring the cash flow position and short to medium term requirements of the business;
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and participate in acquisition negotiations.
- You will also be reviewing feasibility modelling and assumptions.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience working in a similar Chief Financial Officer position for a large residential property development & construction group;
- Previous experience with Funds management will also be very advantageous;
- Standout people leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Commerce, from an accredited College or University;
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Practising Accountant qualifications
- Strong stakeholder management skills
What's on Offer
- Operationally focused Chief Financial Officer position working with a large and well-known residential property group with exciting long-term growth potential.
- Convenient Sydney CBD location
- Competitive salary package on offer