- Outstanding senior leadership opportunity with an industry leader
- Strategic Business Partner to the CEO and leadership team
About Our Client
Our client is a leading data and software platform in the freight & logistics industry, operating across Oceania, Asia Pacific, and the Americas, with a range of interconnected products and solutions that meet the needs of the freight & logistics industry. They are an agile, fast paced, and innovative company who continue to push the boundaries and lead the way in innovation for their industry. Due to an upcoming retirement, there is a unique and exciting opportunity to join the organisation in a key senior leadership role and partner with the CEO and Board.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, as a key member and partner of the Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for strategic leadership for the organisation's corporate and financial governance. In addition to the day-to-day management of the Finance team, the CFO will identify and implement strategies which positions the organisation for growth and stability.
Key responsibilities include;
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the Finance and Accounting function; inspiring, and motivating the team to align on the vision, mission, and values
- Manage all financial and management reporting, including budgeting, forecasting, long term, and statutory reporting
- Long-term business and financial planning, supporting decision making through commercial and strategic business partnering
- Implement robust financial processes & controls
- Maximise the organisations financial strength through effective capital & operating expenditure including cash flow management
- Lead and manage the overall business performance reporting including key performance metrics, forecasting and lead indicators monthly and as required for the leadership team and board.
- Support the CEO and Board with evaluation of M&A opportunities and associated due diligence work
- Undertake Company Secretarial duties
- Manage vendors, Business continuity plan, corporate risk, financial and operational audits
- Manage contracts, terms and conditions, compliance and legal
The Successful Applicant
- Senior leadership experience within a SaaS business, ideally technology
- Tertiary qualifications combined with a CPA/CA accreditation
- Ability to operate strategically with a desire to understand the business to problem solve, support, and understand challenges at the operational level.
- Significant experience in working with, advising and/or supporting the CEO and Boards.
- Proven partner / stakeholder relationship management - ability to build relationships, understand the business and be able to tell the story behind the numbers through partnering with internal leaders and external stakeholders
- Experience in supporting the business in assessing the feasibility of potential acquisitions
- Excellent performance reporting that is suitable for key stakeholders to understand, rely on and make decisions on.
- Strong organisational, negotiation, presentation, and project management skills.
What's on Offer
This is a unique opportunity to utilise your skills, experience and leadership in an organisation looking to significantly grow its operations. An attractive remuneration package and bonus structure based on performance will be on offer for the successful candidate. In addition, you will:
- Work with a team of agile innovators with a customer obsessed mindset
- Be working in a blended office & remote work environment
- Collaborate with your peers in a modern, open plan office
- Have access to ongoing development & career opportunities
- Participate in a regular calendar of social events