Chief of Regulatory Policy and Standards
Broad Multi-discipline Leadership Role
Brisbane Based Head Office Position
About Our Client
The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) was established in 2013 as an independent statutory regulator for all heavy vehicles over 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass. Headquartered in Brisbane, NHVR is undertaking significant reform activities and growth through its national services transition program. This includes increasing its operational focus to improve safety and enhance productivity for the heavy vehicle industry.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position will establish and lead regulatory strategy, policy and standards through the development of best practices within the heavy vehicle industry.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Administer a national system that delivers consistent and streamlined regulatory services and administration, whilst reducing regulatory burden and enabling greater safety and productivity
* Lead the Regulatory Policy and Standards division's diverse national workforce which includes Strategy & Policy, Accreditation, Safety, Engineering and Supply Chain
* Drive flexibility and innovation in the planning, design and development of policies and standards
* Provide authoritative advice to the Board and CEO in relation to national regulatory policy and standards, as well as contributing to proposed legislative, regulatory and service reform
* Develop and manage strategic relationships with external stakeholders including police services and state transport agencies across the country
* Comply with WHS legislation and promote a positive and safe workplace culture
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as Law, Commerce, Policy & Management or Public Policy and extensive experience in leading policy, standards and assurance teams across multi-disciplinary functions. It is also essential you have exposure to national regulatory strategy and the ability to liaise with a range of external stakeholders and industry bodies. Previous experience within the transport or logistics industries would be highly advantageous.
What's on Offer
This is a new executive position offering the opportunity to establish and lead regulatory strategy across the national operations.