Reporting into the CFO. Melbourne based.
Drive business engagement. Lead IT strategic and operational planning.
About Our Client
Bega Cheese is a truly Australian company founded in 1899. It was listed on the ASX in 2011 and delivers annual revenue of almost $1.5billion. They employ 1,700 staff across 6 locations and will continue to drive organic growth and expand through strategic acquisitions to ensure it remains Australia's leading cheese brand. With an exciting new acquisition Bega are currently looking for a Chief Information Officer to join their senior management team to lead engagement with the business, play a key role in the integration of new systems and create a framework to enable Bega Cheese to achieve their 2021strategic vision.
Based in Melbourne and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer the CIO will be responsible for:
- Managing a geographically dispersed IT teams of 4 direct reports and overall headcount of 16.
- Developing and executing a consolidated IT strategy to deliver quality IT solutions across all business functions.
- Play a key role in the strategic and operational governance processes of the business.
- Define the ongoing technology vision and roadmap, oversee maintenance and enhancements to software and hardware platforms and deliver business critical projects including complex ERP initiatives.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development
- Ensuring continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.Building relationships with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and external vendors while re- championing a collaborative, business focused team environment.
- Keeping current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices.
- Responsible for developing the strategy and capabilities of a growing Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse team to bring reporting and analysis solutions to the business.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate you will ideally be a proven CIO with a demonstrable track record in developing a best-in-class IT function gained from the FMCG or manufacturing industry across a multi-site environment. You will possess broad IT knowledge, experience in IT planning, organisation, and development as well as strong people, process and project management skills. Your exceptional stakeholder engagement skills, presentation skills, team orientated approach in conjunction with 15+ years IT experience and understanding of current and upcoming Technology trends will make you the ideal candidate for the position.
What's on Offer
Senior Management opportunity. Iconic Australian brand. Reporting to the CFO. Great senior management team. An exciting time to be joining an industry leader.