Civil Design Engineer
Immediately Available Opportunity with a Strong Pipeline of Work
Technical Design role workling across different Civil Sectore
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established Victorian Council who are looking for a highly talented Civil Engineer to work on Capital projects. They are committed to the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures that sustain a safe and healthy work environment.
Project planning and delivery
- Undertake base surveys, design development, estimation, full design with construction drawings using AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Undertake technical investigations and prepare reports on a range of civil design projects.
- Undertake feasibility assessments such as heritage, environmental and cultural considerations and legislative requirements for the purposes of determining project scope, design development and estimation of works,
- Perform the role of contract/project administrator and supervisor on assigned projects and works.
- Engage and manage multi-disciplinary consultant teams to achieve design objectives within budget expectations.
- Monitor project plans to ensure objectives are being satisfied and provide timely advice to the Coordinator on any anticipated delays affecting project commitments.
- Review all design documentation prepared and ensure that it is correct to a high degree of accuracy, suitable for construction and in accordance with all relevant standards and legislation.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with other respective authorities and agencies for the purposes of contributing to feasibility investigations or works and project delivery.
Communications and Engagement
- Foster and champion a collaborative environment and customer first focus ensuring all internal and external stakeholders are engaged and consulted on relevant matters.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current industry legislative requirements, standards and trends.
- Work collaboratively with various operational departments of Council to implement Councils Capital Works program.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal departments to develop the detailed program of works.
- Liaise and collaborate with external authorities in the planning, development and delivery of projects and works realising efficiencies and avoiding conflicting works programs.
- Develop and apply accurate and timely project and works communications and engagement for all stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
- Formal tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or approved equivalent. Design or Construction engineering qualifications preferred.
- Demonstrated Understanding of engineering theory, practices, guidelines, legislation and issues related to the functions of the position.
- Competency in use of computer software and engineering devices including Civil 3D AutoCAD, and databases, total stations, drones etc.
- Proven contract and project management skills with demonstrated capacity to work simultaneously within available resources including timelines and budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, well-developed written, verbal communication skills and organisational skills particularly demonstrating capacity to build collaborative working relationships with a customer first approach.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Occupational, Health and Safety Act and regulations.
- Eligible to be a member of the Institution of Engineers Australia or equivalent.
What's on Offer
- Immediate start and a strong pipeline of work
- Collaborate with highly skilled professional engineers and management personnel.
- Exciting projects to boost your portfolio and advance your career