Clinical Representative - SA (Jan 2019 Start)
Highly Reputable Global Diagnostics Company
Experiencing National Growth For Advanced TB Product
About Our Client
QIAGEN is a leading global provider of sample and assay technologies for molecular diagnostics, applied testing, academic and pharmaceutical research. Its strong investment into research and development has led to their thriving environment and strong product growth in recent years. The company has continued to experience substantial growth, leading to an exciting opportunity to join their market development team.
Reporting to the Market Development Manager, as a clinical representative, you will be tasked with promoting and educating GPs and physicians in the SA/WA region on QIAGEN's QuantiFERON portfolio used for TB testing, to increase referrals.
As an integral member of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Effectively managing your designated territory to achieve set annual set targets
- Identifying key customers within the Clinical Target Market with the objective to increase the referral base as part of increasing QFT-Plus sales volume.
- Generating qualified appointments as well as cold call on prospective customers/referrers as a part of a Clinical Segment Focus.
- Effectively presenting the company and product to the clinical environments; engage with customers and KOLs, presenting the necessary information to enable customers and referrers to make informed decisions regarding the use of the QFT-Plus test.
- Hosting educational learning sessions for doctors and practice nurses at clinics within the sales territory to raise the awareness of clinical literature and Local/National Guidelines supporting the use of IGRA tests.
- Addressing customer enquiries with respect to the benefits and methodology of the QFT-Plus test, provide competitor arguments, and discuss supporting literature.
- Working with QIAGEN Account Managers to increase understanding and usage of QuantiFERON TB Gold Plus by their Pathology Customer referring clinical databases.
- Entering daily activities into CRM; including logging all sales activities - customer visits, phone calls, emails, other tasks and communications - track sales opportunities through sales pipeline, report against sales quotas, and demonstrate effective use of CRM.
- Attending tradeshow exhibits at national and regional conferences, as needed, while managing the territory in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Closing sales within a reasonable timeframe, by effectively working through the sales process, using selling skills to: Identify barriers to entry, effectively address objections, negotiate and achieve sales close.
- Meeting call rate and territory coverage expectations.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly driven and commercial professional with an aptitude and passion for sales and a strong aspiration for new challenges. The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (ideally a Business or Science Degree).
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the GP sales industry or in-vitro medical diagnostics industry (Experience in both will be highly regarded).
- Strong experience in the Infectious diseases, Immunology, Occupational Health Screening segments will also be highly regarded
- Basic knowledge of clinical laboratory practice
- Experience selling at a clinical level to key prospective customers
- Ability to organise, develop and manage a geographic territory
- Working knowledge of immunology and microbiology
- Ability to use CRM tools
- Excellent problem solving skills
What's on Offer
The successful individual will be part of a highly collaborative community and have the opportunity to work with a leading global research-based company within a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The company offers the successful candidate career progression as well as a highly competitive salary package and the chance to work within a unique area of healthcare.