Cloud Solutions Architect (AWS)
Opportunity to drive AWS Cloud Adoption
About Our Client
A retail organisation based in Melbourne's East suburbs.
They successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring success in building and migrating applications, software and services on AWS platforms.
- Writing and maintaining custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Designing and documenting cloud architecture solutions.
- Performing infrastructure analysis and anomaly detection.
- Demonstrating superb technical competency, delivering critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- Upskilling and mentoring IT Operations and Development teams with modern technologies and disciplines
- Ensuring adherence to the organisation's information systems management and AWS Well Architected Framework
- Monitoring all automated tasks such as backups, BI datasets, patching, CI/CD pipelines
- Developing and managing the IT Security Maturity roadmap
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate could be an experienced engineer stepping up into a pure Solutions Architect role, or an experienced Solutions Architect. You will be expected to meet the following criteria:
- Extensive experience with designing and building application using AWS services
- Proven experience provisioning cloud infrastructure to deliver cloud projects (Terraform, Ansible)
- Proven experience designing, implementing and deploying experience of advanced cloud computing solutions.
- Thorough understanding of cloud computing: virtualisation technologies, CI/CD pipeline implementation, IaaS, PaaS, Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Proven experience architecting highly available systems that utilise load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Experience with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite of products (Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira)
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered an immediate start and a competitive daily rate dependent on experience. The role will be an initial 3 month contract subject to further extension.