Commercial Analyst - Bids & Tenders
Fortune 500 organisation with growing global presence
Excellent organisational culture and development opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is a global food business with a commitment to providing the best possible experience for their clients and consumers. They are continuing to develop their operations locally and abroad and hence strengthen themselves as one of the largest and most respected companies amongst industry peers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that has an analytical mindset, can drive bid and tender analysis and partner closely across the organisation.
Reporting to the National Commercial Manager, responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supporting the Sales/ Business Development Team in preparation, completion and handover of tenders/new business opportunities.
- Financial Modelling - development of project specific financial models
- Review/ Approval Process - may include facilitating key components of the review and approval process.
- Bench marking Database - Along with the rest of the team, maintain and update a database of quantitative metrics, cost inputs and benchmark information to be utilised for bids, new business opportunities and client budgetary quotes.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with Operations Team to ensure effective capture of feedback on cost inputs applied in modelling.
- Proactive engagement with Shared Services (HR, Supply Chain, Finance) to enable capture up to data input in the Tender process.
- Post submission tender support in response to clarifications, attending client meetings and tender presentation.
- Analytic support for contract negotiation preparation with clients on strategic and complex new business opportunities.
- Commercial Handover - ensuring effective commercial handover of financial model for opportunities that are won
The Successful Applicant
- Undergraduate qualifications (Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering & Other)
- Financial Modelling Experience- Advanced Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Numerical agility together with proven analytical and problem solving ability
- Proven ability to forge strong and sustainable relations with key stakeholders within organisation
- Excellent presentation skills to clients and internal Stakeholders
- Previous experience in the hospitality or facilities management industries
- Previous experience in bid/tender teams and business development
- A pragmatic team player who can overlay a commercial lens on a financial model
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to grow and develop in an organisation that is seeing YoY growth
- Excellent opportunity to work closely with senior stakeholders in a highly visible role
- Close to public transport and highly competitive remuneration package