- Join a central agency team that makes real change for Australians.
- The opportunity to be a part of the first ever data regulator in the Australian.
About Our Client
The Office of the National Data Commissioner is currently progressing legislation to create the national regulator for Australian Government data sharing. This will provide the framework for the safe and effective sharing of data that enables agencies and research groups to improve services for all Australians. You will be assisting in building a new regulator as we prepare to operationalise the Data Availability and Transparency (DAT) Bill 2020 currently before Parliament and layer in detailed regulatory guidance and systems.
- Provide in-house legal advice on the Data Availability and Transparency Act 2022 and the legislative framework that supports the DATA Scheme.
- Provide in-house legal advice to support ONDC teams, including commercial, administrative and information law advice.
- Collaborate across the ONDC on projects and key priorities.
- Support legal services procurement.
- Work with external legal service providers to provide legal advice and support to ONDC teams.
The Successful Applicant
- 2 years PQE +.
- APS5 +.
- Legal qualifications.
- Legal practising certificate.
- Must be an Australian Citizen, with ability to obtain and maintain Baseline Security Clearance.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Manage your time efficiently and use initiative.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary + 15.4% Super.
- The opportunity to be a part of the first ever data regulator in the Australian Government.
- Work from home available.
- Location: Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. Other locations are possible.
- Non-ongoing, Ongoing or S26 Opportunities available.
- Annual performance review attracting potential 1.9% salary increase.