Commercial Manager - Contracts
Commercial Leadership Position
About Our Client
Our client is a leading ASX listed organisation who operate across multiple regions and specialise in diverse turnkey construction and manufacturing projects. With years of investment in advancing their technology and capability, this company is well positioned to continue to grow and diversify. Our client has been in operation for over 50 years and value customer centricity at the front of everything they do.
As the Commercial Contracts Manager reporting to the Operations Manager, you will hold a critical leadership role which will work closely with the project delivery and sales team to assist with decision making and providing strategic input.
- Oversee pre-contract negotiation of head contracts and tenders as well as post award implementation of the head and sub contracts.
- Oversee and perform request for proposals for distribution to suppliers and subcontractors.
- Review and prepare contract variations including scope of work and specifications.
- Implement processes to ensure contract administration practices are applied.
- Work closely with the sales and project management team to ensure all contract terms are commercially met in line with the agreements
- Identify commercial project risk and opportunities by applying relevant management strategies.
- Oversee the timely resolution of contract matters such as variations and dispute resolution.
- Manage a range of internal and external stakeholders both in Perth and on the various sites.
- Lead an established team through a period of growth and transformation.
- Drive process improvement and in-depth analysis within the existing contracts framework.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a commercially astute individual with previous experience in a diverse and hands-on contracts role. Additionally, you will demonstrate a track record of delivering high value end to end contracts with proven results in negotiations, bid analysis, contract award and post award management. An extensive background in leading people as well as being involved with day-to-day commercial activities is critical to the success of this role.
This role will require you to to work closely with Executive Management and other stakeholders on a daily basis so your ability to build relationships and influence will also be important to succeed in this role. You will also have experience in facilitating career development, training and succession planning to ensure attraction, retention and professional growth of the team.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to drive commercial outcomes will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package. Operating within a growing business, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities as a Commercial Contracts Manager. You will also have the opportunity to lead the commercial function through a period of growth and project diversity enabling you to take the next step in your career.