Communications and Engagement Coordinator
Local Government Provider
Short term role with possibility of extension or to be made permanent
About Our Client
This role sits within the marketing and communications team and will be responsible for managing 2 - 3 staff members during this period. They are a local government provider based in the inner CBD.
- Play a lead role in the ongoing development of a community engagement culture within the organisation.
- Research and develop new techniques for engaging a broad cross-section of the community.
- Work Closely with the development team around upcoming community projects and developments.
- Support project staff in undertaking community engagement on issues and projects as operationally required, including participation in and/or facilitation of forums, events and activities.
- Develop and maintain a register of community engagement activities to facilitate monitoring, evaluation and effective shared learning across the organisation.
- Ensure public information about community engagement projects is provided and maintained in timely and clear manner.
- Work effectively with the marketing and communications team to utilise the wide range of traditional communications and online media within the context of the brand guidelines.
- Assist the Communications Administration assistant with personal and professional growth opportunities and provide any support to the communications team as required
- Ensure that communications strategies are met and delivered on time
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in the research, planning, development, implementation, evaluation and reporting of innovative community engagement programs.
- Experience a similar role in a government (preferably local government) environment.
- Completion of IAP2 Certificate (Candidates without this will not be considered)
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field or discipline
- Stakeholder engagement skills (internal and external)
What's on Offer
The suitable candidate will join the business at an exciting time and will have the opportunity to work across some fantastic projects and developments within the City. The role may be extended and potentially made permanent.