- A unique opportunity to work across the Melbourne healthcare network
- Newly created senior appointment for an experienced communications practitioner
About Our Client
This role will form a senior partnership across many high-profile health service providers across the state. Working collaboratively with key stakeholders, your role will be to work across several priority programs and projects. Supporting the Executive Director in ensuring that staff, consumers and stakeholders are engaged and communicated with to support service provider aims. The main purpose of the role is to build and maintain effective relationships with communications leaders and teams at each partner organisation.
For the right person, this is an exciting opportunity to build out a newly created role that will shape the success of engagement with stakeholders, ultimately contributing to the reputation, influence and impact of the wider network.
- Produce high-quality communications and engagement materials, ensuring that quality and accuracy are prioritised.
- Develop and roll-out a brand for the network and its programs, ensuring these brands are maintained across all internal and external communications channels.
- Create and implement effective engagement and communications strategies for all programs and projects.
- Promote understanding of, and engagement with, the network across health services, including with clinicians and key management personnel.
- Identify effective communications and engagement strategies and platforms to ensure the delivery of consistent, regular and accurate updates to internal and e stakeholders.
- Identify emerging issues and provide strategic issues management advice to the Executive Director and the wider leadership team.
- Lead and deliver staff, consumer and stakeholder engagement to a high standard, in accordance with agreed plans, and in consultation with health service Communications and People and Culture leaders.
The Successful Applicant
For your application to be successful you will be a senior com, with a strong understanding and demonstrable experience working within healthcare comms. This role has been created for someone to lead and deliver strategy implementation, manage change com, deliver workshops and manage internal updates to impacted services. Whilst the role doesn't have direct reports with a structured team behind it; the right candidate for this role will have leadership experience with the ability to lead specialised healthcare teams. There is the potential for the role to grow over time. However, the need is for someone to manage and engage key stakeholders.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated senior level experience in communications and engagement in large and complex environments.
- Previous success in developing and implementing engagement strategies with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work strategically and operationally to identify what is needed and deliver.
- Exceptional communications skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment and at pace.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for a Communications Director, or Head of Communications looking to focus more on organisational change and development. You will gain invaluable experience working with the senior leadership team across many well-known healthcare organisations, working on many important programs which focus on improving the lives of Victorians.
If you are keen to have a confidential discussion about this role, please reach out to Laura Houlston.