Communications and Marketing Officer
12 month fixed term contract
South of the river location
About Our Client
My client sits within the public sector and is based South of the river. The Marketing and Communications officer will sit within a team of 3 people.
- Planning, researching and writing high-level, audience-appropriate content across a range of mediums and audiences, including but not limited to magazine, media, website, social media, newsletters and e-newsletters.
- Coordinating proactive and reactive media campaigns, including developing related promotional materials.
- Developing and implementing the social media strategy which aligns with the organisations internal and external communications targeting key stakeholders.
- Act as a brand ambassador across internal and external communications, ensuring consistent language and corporate image.
- Coordinating communication strategies in collaboration with other business divisions to support key organisational initiatives.
- Provide recommendations and insights around media responses and speech writing
- Support the coordination, promotion and administration of community relations and fundraising events and other events as required, this may include attending relevant networking events as directed.
- Proactively prepare media releases and media opportunities to promote the businesses services, initiatives and achievements.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of digital communications channels such as websites, e-newsletters, social media and intranet.
The Successful Applicant
- Ideally looking for someone who has previously been a journalist and has an exceptional eye for story opportunities and angels
- Social Media - Facebook (Intermediate), Instagram (Intermediate), LinkedIn (Intermediate)
- Email Marketing - Mail Chimp (Desirable)
- Website Management Systems - Any CMS platform experience as it is a transferable skill
- Written communication skills - writing stories, website content, media campaigns, social media content etc. (Advanced)
- Stakeholder management skills with internal and external stake holders at all levels
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar role
- Qualification in Communications, Marketing or a similar field
- Local Government, public sector, not for profit or education experience is highly desirable
What's on Offer
This person will have access to parking facilities, will have the possibility of extension or permanency after the initial 12 month fixed term contract.