Exciting opportunity for experienced Communications and Publicity Specialist
Fantastic opportunity to work in the public sector
About Our Client
My client is a leading and well-known business within the public sector. They are going through a period of major growth and change. They are going through a period of major growth and change. They are seeking a talented Communications and Publicity Executive to join their team. This role reports directly into the Communications Lead.
The Communications team plays a critical role for the organisation, supporting organisational requirements for communications, PR and publicity support, and critically, supporting the organisation's strategic objectives to increase its voice and profile in the community.
This role will manage external media relations focussed on engaging the broader community. The communications team works independently and in collaboration across the organisation managing media and public relations, creating key publications, social media, multi-media and shaping website content.
- Increase community reach and positive sentiment by identifying, developing and implementing opportunities to promote the organisation, its brand and its work to the broader community, using non-paid media, including mainstream media, social media, local media and other external earned media channels
- Work closely with the Marketing team, Public Affairs and Internal Communications teams to develop and implement integrated marketing plans and materials and ensure consistent messaging
- Develop and maintain relations with mainstream media, which includes ensuring prompt responses to media inquiries, developing and pitching story ideas to media
- Write in a variety of styles and for a range of audiences and publications
- Provide expert communications advice to staff across the organisation
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualified in communications, public relations, media relations, or related field
- Proven experience in story development, writing, editing and proofreading with the ability to conceive story and publicity platforms to drive coverage
- Demonstrated experience in engaging the public in campaigns
- Proven ability to successfully pitch stories to reporters, editors and producers and achieve media coverage in mainstream media and online
- Highly creative, with an ability to conceive story and publicity platforms to drive coverage, with proven experience in successfully pitching stories to reporters, editors and producers and achieving media coverage in mainstream media and online
- Proven track record of developing and managing public relations campaigns
- Demonstrated experience and ability to gather information from different sources including research reports, staff, people assisted by our services and external stakeholders
What's on Offer
For your hard work and commitment to the role you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and well-respected Communications team who have a fantastic relationship with senior stakeholders. It is a great opportunity to give back to an incredible organisation.