Temporary to permanent
Involvement in a rapidly growing group of companies
About Our Client
The organisation we have partnered with is a specialist manufacturing and service company that service the construction, engineering and resources industries. With headquarters and manufacturing facilities based locally they have a strong presence within the Australian market, as well as additional facilities and affiliated organisations globally.
- Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
- Prepare and analyse accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow. Submitted to COO only a monthly basis.
- Maintain control of the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, billing, and payroll.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
- Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and updating schedules. Completing Month End Reports and journals to keep accounting statements updated, this includes but is not limited to; recording loan payments, reducing the value of business assets by their depreciation, writing off bad debts, recording entries for prepaid expenses, recording accurate WIP from job costing, stock on hand adjustments and cost of sales.
- Manage and oversea stock management and ensure accurate stock levels are projected in the accounting system. Ensure stock codes are accurate and getting coded to the correct ledger account.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the corporate annual report.
- Assist in coordinating the preparation of the draft audited financial statements and all tax returns.
- Provide financial analyses and models as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this position you will ideally have a CPA/CA qualification and have previous experience in a Company Accountant or intermediate/senior accounting position that handles end to end accounting. The successful candidate will also need to have the desire and passion to take ownership of the finance function and look to continuously improve existing and future processes. It will also be ideal if the candidate can start in the next 4 weeks.
What's on Offer
- Working with a tight group of highly experienced and passionate business leaders
- Be involved in the rapid growth of a group of companies
- The offer of permanent employment for the right candidate
- Complete ownership of the finance function and autonomy to improve where you see fit
- A respectful and friendly culture